In school I was the library kid. You know the ones who quiet at the back and take the library books back on those trollies every morning. I even worked at the library through out high school. Which is why it pains me to say… my dog ate my library book.
Yes, the rawmazing dessert book by Susan powers …has seen better days. Apparently he didn’t like her “thought on desserts”
MacIntosh is I love you best when sitting ON you kind of dog. He is also an extremist. He is a go big or go home dog, so when he “decides” to cross the line- you better be prepared. Why… because he is Irish and rises to the challenge of …. well pretty much everything, just like me.
They say people buy dogs like them…Not sure why I thought my dog would be different. I emailed the library and thankfully they are not going to hold it against me ….er him. I will have to pay for the book once the library opens again.
Until then we will snack on real snacks – won’t we MacIntosh….
BBQ Crunchy Chick pea bombs
– note that this is a human snack not meant for puppies, try a slice of pumpkin for a great nutritious puppy snack
- 1 large can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Generous sprinkle of sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (substitute with paprika, if desired)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas well under cool water and lay them out on a kitchen towel to dry completely.
- Rub them gently between two kitchen towels to loosen the husks.
- Remove the husks completely and discard them. Dry the chickpeas again after the husks have been removed.
- Toss the chickpeas in a bowl with the olive oil.
- Add the paprika, salt, cayenne, and garlic powder and toss very well until the chickpeas are evenly coated with the spices.
- Add the chickpeas to a sheet pan and spread them out in an even layer.
- Roast at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 to 18 minutes, Check and stir frequently. Until the chickpeas are crispy on the outside and dark golden brown.
- Let cool on the sheet pan until cooled completely.