We have a teacher in our lives who uses a banking system in her class. If you do your work, on time and participate you get paid in a virtual account. You can then cash in your hard earned cash in at the end of May or June at there class store. The store has crazy items like a licence to hold a teacher supervised virtual DJ dance party at lunch hour ($200) but it also has practical items, including art supplies and various produce boxes .
We received a produce box from said teacher worth $75, yesterday. the amount of fresh fruit and veggies that came to my door was incredible! Apples, strawberries, asparagus, lettuce & greens, potatoes, radishes, carrots, peppers, onions, mushrooms, celery. Even some bananas ! We were so blessed.
It was not only a well deserved reward for one who did the work to earn the funds, but for us as well, for all the blood sweat and tears (there were plenty, on both ends) that went into motivating to do the work.
So we fired up the grill to enjoy the Fruits of labour – literally! What better way to enjoy then Kabobs and fresh tossed salad. Kabobs can really be made of any combo you enjoy so we let the kids make their own
Marinated Chicken Kabobs
- Honey Dijon Marinade:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Dijon style mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple or honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon basil, parsley & oregano (each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2lbs cubed chicken breast
- 8 cups total of various cubed veg – onions, peppers, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, ( whatever you enjoy eating)
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash and chop all veggies into bite sized pieces.
- Combine all marinade ingredients and chicken in a large Ziplock bag, allow to marinate 4 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally. (If you are pressed for time, you can just toss and let sit 15 minutes but longer is better).
- Thread the veggies and marinated chicken onto skewers.
- Preheat grill to medium and grill skewers 15 minutes or until done.