I love wraps. I think I love them because it doesn’t feel like your eating a salad. Also it is just as customizable as any taco.
When given the option between a wrap and a salad my youngest will always choose wrap.
This list below is a selection of optional ingredients – only choose what you like eat and customize your wrap.
- 6 large collard green leaves, romain lettuce or kale
- Peanut, Sunflower seed butter or hummus
- red bell pepper julienned
- tomato sliced
- yellow bell pepper julienned
- carrots julienned
- English cucumber cut into thin strips
- Avacado sliced thinly
- mango or pineapple cut into strips
- shredded red cabbage
- red onion sliced
- Sprinkle Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Bean sprouts
- mint leaves or 1 bunch cilantro leaves only
Trim tough stems off kale or greens.
Spread desired spread onto leaf as base
Layer chosen veg from above – one colour of veg at a time onto leaf so when rolled it will create rainbow effect.
Tuck leaf ends in and roll up like a burrito. Enjoy with spritz of lime